Dark side made me do it

Dark side made me do it

Sunday, March 20, 2011

“Staircase of doom”



“Staircase of doom”


As I was writing my blog this morning my phone honked, as I looked down to see who was sending me a message I laughed, because the night before I had mentioned to Sandra that if it was not to slippery I would like to join her on the stair case on Memorial drive. Yup it was Sandra, we are doing the stairs! So off Sandra, Lara, Kristy and I went to Memorial Drive to tackle the stairs.


We decided to park at the top so we could start by going down. Now since I have started my weight loss journey this set of stairs has been daunting, always saying one day I am going to conquer them. Well that day was today. As I started down my first trip, I found the steps very wide which made it hard to go down them 1 step 1 foot at a time; with a little modification I was able to do it. As I reached the bottom I said to Sandra “that was not that bad!” Sandra replied “you have not gone up yet Brian” as I started up that is when my heart started to pound, half way up I stop to take a breather. That’s when I heard Damir’s voice in my head “LETS GO BRIAN, THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST SET!!” So I started going almost right away. That first set going up I only stopped that one time. When I reached the top I immediately started going back down, going down that second time was much harder than the first. As I was going down I met Sandra going up I Gave a supportive high five. Now the second time heading up I wish I could say I only stopped once but that would not be the truth. I stopped a few times. As I reached the top I took a little breather, as Sandra was finishing her third and last set. I headed back down for my last set I passed Lara coming up and gave a supportive high five. At the bottom I took a small breather and head back up the third time. This set my legs felt like Jell-O but I pushed through and made it to the top only stopping 3 times of maybe 20sec each time. On my way up I passed Lara going down and she gave me a much need Fist pump and said you got this! At the top I had the biggest smile, I had did it conquered the “Stair case of Doom” I was so afraid of!!

No comments:

Post a Comment