Dark side made me do it

Dark side made me do it

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Kim turned into Jillian Michaels!!

Kim turned into Jillian Michaels!!

It became very clear this week that Alive is much more than 4 walls and workout gear. It is a community, we do stand together. Holly and Ben have created something much more than just a place to work out. I have been saying the secret to my success is the great community I am a part of. This week confirmed that fact. Walking into a different place was hard, but it felt good to go and see my follow alive friends there kicking some butt.

Saturday’s kickboxing class was sure different, Ben was awesome he kicked our asses good without any kickboxing gear. It was awesome to watch his mind work and put together a great workout with very little. Paula was my partner today and it was awesome. We worked well together; my favourite combo today was the bare knuckle super punch. She just hit as hard as she could, missing my hand only once punching me in the chest. We both laughed, my chest hurt her hand more than my hitting my hand.

Also this week the food has been going very good, this week I really enjoy the mean plan. I have stepped way out of my comfort zone. I found out that I like couscous, it was one of the best salads this week, and I really enjoy hummus.

I did have a moment of weakness this week, Thursday night after Kristy went to bed, I was upset over the Alive closure, and I binged on cucumbers, hummus and crackers. I thought it would be ok, because it was not chips I was wrong. On Friday Kim asked me how I was doing with food and I told her about my mishap the night before. It was like a scene out of the Biggest Loser; Kim was sitting on the couch when told her I had an extra snack of cucumbers, and hummus. She was annoyed but said why that was wrong. Then she asked if that was it. I told her about the crackers, and she turned into Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser, she hopped off the couch and got right in my face. Laid right into me, I have never seen her that way. It was a good thing, she got her point across. Like I said I am a part of a great community. Now I know Don’t go off plan.

Friday Ryan and I had a visitor in our session, Kristy joined us. It was fun to see Kristy doing the same stuff as us. She did really well, she was able to keep up and kick some ass. It was a different kind of session, as always Damir kicked the crap out of us. But it seemed to go by fast. I was not comfortable at first, being in a new place and all. But the changed pretty quickly as Damir pushed us hard, I had no time to even think about what was going on. When we were done our session and after my encounter with Kim as Jillian, Ryan informed me that he and i were doing Damir’s boot camp. I was tired from our session, so i was like i am not sure if i could do it. That is when Kim piped up and said something like “oh your doing the class dude ...... you ate fucking crackers ..... your doing it!!” so i got to workout hard for two hours With Damir it rocked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment