Dark side made me do it

Dark side made me do it

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A week of many firsts

A week of many firsts

This is a week I don’t think I will soon forget. It was a week of many firsts. I lost my fist 10 pounds of 2011, I ran my first running program on the hamster wheel, and I did my first set of spider planks. It was a great week to exceed some of my short term goals

I wish I could say that I did not worry too much about my weigh in this week, in the beginning of the week I was not even thinking about it but Thursday came and I started to panic, what if all the work I did this week inside and outside the gym was not enough. But when I stepped on the scale on Friday I was down 10 pounds! It was awesome because over the Christmas break I gained 10 pounds. So it was nice that two week in the New Year and I have taken all the damage I did to my body off.

Wednesdays night’s kickboxing boot camp was very awesome, to start off my regular partner was there. Damir had us doing some awesome, harder than normal combos. It was intense, got my heart pumping. In one of the breaks between combos he had us doing the usual, Burpees, than punching with light weights. While we were punching with the weights I could near Damir throwing down mat on the ground. The timer beeped and he said Spider Planks as I put my weights down I notice I had a mat too, normally I would have to do dirty burpees while the class does spider planks and Damir doesn’t usually give me a mat for that. So I Dropped down and tried to do them. As I did the first one I almost fell down on the mat, because I was amazed I could do it so I pounded another one off and he said switch arms, I thought for sure I was not going to be able to do it leading with the other arm. But I did it. I stood up very excited that I was able to do it. I asked Damir “did you see that?” he said “see what” “the spider planks I just did” he said “no I missed that” and I am the thinking you have to be shitting me. So in the next break we do the same and I pounded them out again. This time he saw me do them. The next day I asked him if he wanted me to do them when he gave me the mat. He said something like “I sometimes forget that I do everything in class and I just put down a mat for you as well” this was awesome as I can now do them.

Friday Hamster wheel workout I tried out a running program, a simple program, but it was hard for me to complete. I ran on the hamster wheel for 30mins for the first time, 1 min running and 1 min walking. Now I have heard Jenn, Kim and Jocelyne talk about how they love to run. Before Friday I thought they were full of shit. But now that I have done it, i could see how this is so great. I have decided to add this program to my Friday workouts and see if I can build up enough to run the 5k in May that would rock.

I am off to a good start this month, and I am excited to see what my next weigh in on the 29th will BE

1 comment: