Dark side made me do it

Dark side made me do it

Monday, January 3, 2011

Bam Back to Reality!

Bam Back to reality!

Well I guess I had fun over the holidays, stepped on the scale tonight to start my new year off to a good start, and bam back to reality! I gained some weight back, some weight that is a not whole truth, I gain 10 pounds back. This is not the news I was hoping for, but I have fallen off the wagon over the holidays. Now is the time to step up and get control of the food. Food is my drug of choice, when I am feeling bad or upset I turn to my friend the potato chips and ice cream. Thinking this is going to make me feel better, but it never lasts long, in fact after I feel just horrible. I beat myself up for eating it, but that does not stop me from reaching for it the next time.

Going into the holidays, I was just getting over the flu and I thought that I could handle everything. The last time I step on the scale I dropped 7 pounds just before the holidays. Then as the holidays began I kept saying to myself just keep on track, you can do it. However stress got the better of me and I just let go, I started with a small bag of chips and then I started to slip, eating everything I could get my hands on. It was a bad place to be; once it has started it is hard to stop.

Now before this all happen I put together an action plan for the New Year. It is a good plan and I am going to execute it well. I am going to put up some reminder around me how easy it is to fall off the wagon and start to slip back into old habits. Old habit = weight gain and I cannot have that I need to keep going. I have worked way too hard to get this far to just to throw it all away. This is not going to happen!! I am not done yet.

I start my plan tomorrow; I am excited because I am in the right head space now. I know what I have to do to have all my dreams come true. I need to step up and Do IT! I just have to Control the hard part. The hard part is not working-out everyday. No that is a lot easier than most people think. The hard part is dealing with my emotions and not turning to food for a stress release. I need to remember food is not for pleasure. It is fuel for my body. I need to get back to where I turn to the hamster wheel for stress release or maybe pound on the heavy bag when I am upset. This is the hard part!

I have to stop lying to myself, yes I have lost a lot of weight, but that is not enough! I am much stronger than I believe I am. I can eat what I need to everyday, and not put the poison in my body. I need to remind myself that junk food is really just poison! It is not ok to have a chocolate bar here and there. It is not ok to skip a meal here or there. The bacon and the sausage on Sunday morning must go, because this is why I am not doing as well as I could.

I have made a promise that if I say something negative about myself that I owe Kim 30 burpees. This seems to be working, so here is addition to that If I fall off the wagon and eat any poison in the next 60 days I will owe 50 Burpees for each item. Example (1 package of FERRERO ROCHER has 3 chocolates = 150 Burpees)

I am either doing the work or I am not. I cannot keep working this hard to just stay 400lbs, I will be in the 200’s before the end of the summer. Food is not going to stop me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment