Dark side made me do it

Dark side made me do it

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oh how I am Missing Training



Oh how I am Missing Training


It has been 11 days since my last training session. Lost is the best way to describes how I feel. I started training to lose weight. It is still about weight loss, but now it is much more. Pushing my body past its limits, the happiness that comes from the feeling of accomplishment when you master a difficult exercise, my heart pounding in my head, the soreness in my body the next day, and the pride that comes from spending an hour getting my ass handed to me from Damir. I miss it all!!


A great circuit training session has an awesome rhythm to it. The first Round in the circuit is like a warm up round. It goes smooth I find my comfort zone, the second round is smooth, but it seems to go by fast and I can feel the comfort zone slowly disappearing , the third round is a hardcore pushing me way past my limits, my heart is pounding in my head. Round four is usually a big blur, my heart coming right out of my chest; I am feeling no pain, just high! Circuit training with Damir is by far my favourite kind of session. I love it more than kickboxing. Oh how I miss that.


Weight training session is awesome, a much slower more focused. It is a different kind of session. I like it just not as much as circuit training.


Boot camp is a whole different beast. Monday & Friday is like a circuit training session, with a great group people all pushing hard towards the same goal. It is awesome to work in a group. There is always someone there to push you hard. Sometimes the push comes from another boot camper kicking ass beside you. Sometimes they are pushing you by giving you a gentle encouragement...unless I am working out next to Kim then it’s not gentle at all, as she likes to push me hard! No time to catch my breath if she is beside me!! ... Everyone so positive, I missed it so much.


Last night I was in the room working out on a cardio machine, but it is not the same as doing the boot camp. Standing tall, Sweating through Damir's crazy ass boot camp together. Looking to you left having the person next to you working super hard, looking to your right seeing another pushing through ... It rocks!!


Wednesday & Saturday boot camp is kickboxing and if you have been following my blog you know I love kickboxing. I missed this so much as well!!


Cardio on the hamster wheel or the elliptical is good, but it is not as great as training or Boot camp. I can get my heart pounding and my body sweating on the machines, however it seems I cannot push my body past it limits.



Monday Everything goes back to normal I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment