Dark side made me do it

Dark side made me do it

Thursday, March 4, 2010

“I think it is true you have to go through hell to get to heaven”

I have been a fixture at alive for months and months, I go there 5 to 6 days a week. It is fun to go there, well most weeks. As you can see from my earlier posts I can do the exercise, however the food is my Green Kryptonite.

Now when I say food I mean all the bad stuff, chips, Ice cream, burgers, etc...So somewhere along the way I started to forget that I need to follow my food plan. So I have not been holding up my end. So I think to teach me there are consequences if I don’t hold up my end, and that it is not muscle that I am gaining. Damir has banished me to the treadmill. That is where” it is fun most weeks to go to alive, because this week has not been fun.” Now I know what you are thinking, the treadmill is easy you just walk on it, how hard can that be? Now I have walk on the treadmill many time before, but on Monday I learned that speed is not everything and I thought it would be like in the biggest loser where Damir would just keep turning up the speed, Wrong on Monday he said “we are not going to turn up the speed don’t worry that” so I am doing my 5 min warm up & thinking ok this is going to be easy. Then around 3 min in it hits me in the past like a ton of bricks when Damir has me sit down in the gym it becomes very very very hard real fast. So I then the panic sets in. I hit 5 min and he starts turning up the grade, not a little no he puts at the top 15! So my little walk on the treadmill turns into a very hardcore workout! Up...down....up...down...up...down! So 30 min fly’s right by and our session is done. He turns to me and says “don’t get off until you hit 65 min no holding on and no jumping off to rest I will be watching.” So I am thinking that was a 30min session, what will we do for our hour tomorrow, we won’t do the treadmill for an hour. Wrong!! It will be this hell all week. Tomorrow we weigh in, and I have been on the ball with the food and been on the treadmill everyday for at least an hour. I should finally break 450! I think it is true you have to go through hell to get to heaven and right now 448 would be heaven!

1 comment: